Hi I’m Rachel, welcome to this little space. My family moved to Canberra from Melbourne and these are some of the happenings in our lives….this is a place to keep a record of our new adventures in a new city as this little family grows up together.
Just a little about me…
1. “What do you think of garden gnomes?” They make me smile, they remind me of when I was a tour guide, once my passengers and I stole another guides gnome and held him for ransom – it was hilarious! We wrote ransom notes, there were failed rescue missions. I think if you let them gnomes can bring a lot of happiness to your life.
2. “How would you cure world hunger?” ‘umm that is hard one, I would have to call my Dad, he works in the areas of Economics, Peace and Development, I think I’d go to him for the answer, and I guess he might say that we all need to work on loving and giving.
3. “Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?” Well we can strike car as we have just done that, the room is clean and newly dusted so I guess by process of elimination it is desk.
4. “Does life fascinate you?” ABSOLUTELY!! I am a thinker and ponderer, I know that the way I think is different to the way’s other’s think and that in itself fascinates me. I am intrigued about what there is after death, I truly believe there is a place we go when we die. I often think that I am here on this world to live a good life, to be a good person, to do good and to be happy – I am not all these things nor do I do all these things all the time but I think that is the goal.
6. “How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?” Umm ask nicely, and promise to open the door after the first minute, maybe offer some peanuts if needed.
7. “You have a bouquet of flowers. All but two are roses, all but two are daisies, and all but two are tulips. How many flowers do you have?” Firstly this is not the kind of question that I like – tick, tick, tick, not sure, could it be three or could it be none? I don’t care.
8. “What is 37 times 37?” According to my trusty calculator 1369.
9. “Green or red?” Green coat, red strawberries, tomato’s or apples, green lounge, red scarf, green tea, green paint, green wallet, red & brown shoes, so green wins I think?!
10. “If you could be a superhero, what power would you possess?” I am often telling my husband that I’d like to be able to freeze time to catch up on all those things that need doing but just aren’t being done: you know the cleaning, dusting, washing, gardening etc that I have put off because I was looking after the kids, crafting, or on the net. Oh and the ability to influence others so they want to solve the suffering around them. I think hatred, apathy and ignorance stop us from acting justly.
11. “Pepsi or Coke?” Thanks, but neither I don’t do fizzy drinks. I think thanks to my mother as we were never allowed them as kids and now I don’t like them. Or it could also be thanks to Candy when we were kids if she drank fizzy drink it used to run out her nose!
12. “2, 3, 4, or 18?” Well that is a good question, lets see…. 2 first. 2 big indoor house plants. 3 days in each weekend. 4 bedroom house would be awesome 18….. ah 18 pieces of chocolate.
But to be honest you could ask me these questions tomorrow and you might well get a different response, except for #11.
Oh and one thing I didn’t get a chance to mention is that I really like my sleep. I think that a good night’s sleep is one of the keys to having a good day. As such one of the things I wish for you is to sleep yummy!